We want all our patients to be pleased with the service they receive, so we take complaints seriously. If a patient makes a complaint, we will deal with it promptly and courteously. Our aim is to resolve the matter as quickly as possible following the agreed procedure and, wherever possible, to the satisfaction of the patient.
The Practice Complaints Managers Amar Shah/ Sinal Shah are responsible for dealing with all complaints about our service.
We will acknowledge your complaint upon receipt in writing normally within three working days and enclose a copy of this resolution policy.
If you have not yet discussed the matter with the Complaints Manager, you will be offered the opportunity to do so and also be asked how you would like to be kept informed of developments – by letter, e-mail, telephone or face-to-face meetings. The patient will also be advised of the process we will follow in resolving the complaint and the anticipated timescale.
We will investigate the complaint speedily and efficiently and, as far a reasonably practicable, will keep you informed of our progress. Investigations will normally be completed within 10 working days.
- On completion of our investigation, we will provide you with a full written report, which will include
- an explanation of how the complaint has been considered
- the conclusions reached in respect of each specific part of the complaint
- details of any necessary remedial action and
- whether the practice is satisfied with any action it has already taken or will be taking as a result of the complaint.
In more complex cases, which may take more time, we will send you regular progress reports.
In certain circumstances it may be necessary to contact the Dentist’s Professional representative, who will offer advice and assistance in dealing with your complaint.
- We take ALL comments and complaints seriously.
- We always:
- Handle complaints in complete confidence.
- Investigate impartially.
- Offer a clear and complete explanation
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this.
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
- Identify what we can do to make sure this problem does not happen again.
We hope that you will use our Practice Complaints Procedure. We believe this will provide the best chance of resolving the complaint, and an opportunity for us to improve our practice to prevent same complaint being repeated.
If you feel you are dissatisfied with the results of our investigation, or wish to make your complaint outside the local resolution procedures, then the complaint may be taken to:
NHS England, Herts and South Midlands Area Team, Charter House, Parkway, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 6JL. Telephone: 01707 369619
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP, telephone: 0345 015 4033 or www.ombudsman.org.uk for complaints about NHS treatment.
The Care Quality Commission, Care Quality Commission (CQC), Finsbury Tower, 103–105 Bunhill Row, London, EC1Y 8TG. Telephone: 03000 616161
The Dental Complaints Service, (for complaints about private treatment) Dental Complaints Service ,Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon CR0 6BA, Telephone: 020 8253 0800, Email: email@example.com.
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (the dentists’ registration body).
Sinal Shah/ Amar Shah – Complaints Managers
Castilian Street Dental Practice
10 Castilian Street
Tel 01604 631404/ 01604 637080